Who is Holiday Cruises & Tours, and why do we charge professional service fees?
Holiday Cruises & Tours is an award-winning travel company that has been in business for over 25 years. Our team of highly trained travel professionals is skilled at providing personal service, insider connections, exclusive benefits, and experts across the globe with whom we collaborate to create highly customized vacation experiences. Our travel advisors are well traveled, have been trained and certified in many destinations and regions, and have key contacts with the management of hundreds of reputable travel/tour/cruise operators and on the ground service providers on all seven continents. Ongoing training in technology, destinations, and products is a requirement of being an advisor at Holiday Cruises & Tours.
We charge professional fees simply because we are able to bring tremendous value to our clients, repeatedly, over time. We don't simply book a trip, we are able to add our expertise, experience, contacts, and resources to make sure that you have the best vacation possible. We do not offer the cheapest vacations, but the vacations with the most value based on what our clients are looking for. This is true for Luxury Travel as well as any vacation. Most of the time our fees are 1% to 2% of the cost of the trip - not a lot to pay to have a professional at your side and assisting with all the details. We look forward to speaking with you and answering any questions.
What makes our clients so happy?
Our clients share with us their preferences and concerns on an ongoing basis. In return, our travel advisors take the time to give our clients the advice, attention, and advocacy typically lacking when working with a traditional travel agency, online booking company, or when working directly with a cruise line, tour operator, or hotel call center. Holiday Cruises & Tours is committed to being your advocate before, during, and after your vacation.
Guaranteed - If you are not 100% satisfied that your Holiday Cruises & Tours advisor has not provided value to your travel plans, we will refund you 100% of the professional service fees charged upon return from your trip.
Whether you have already decided what you want or you are just starting to plan for your upcoming trip, we can help you make your next vacation your best vacation!
What does a Holiday Cruises & Tours advisor handle on behalf of our clients?
Before the planning process begins:
- Have an initial conversation to explain our process and determine if we can be of assistance to you.
- Explain our Professional Fees and if you decide to move forward we will charge the fee and get to work!
- Schedule a consultation with one or more of our Travel Advisors to get to know you, your travel style, desires, budget, and expectations for your trip.
- We will ask a lot of questions and explain our planning process.
- Answer any questions you may have about this initial phase of work.
During the planning process:
- We will get to work with our contacts around the world, our in-house team of experts and our other resources to put together an initial itinerary for your review.
- Schedule a meeting to go over the itinerary(s), discuss details, review options.
- Determine any changes to be made, options to explore and details to examine further.
- At this stage, we will start to review any Passport or Visa needs and other items relevant for your vacation.
- Start to build our file, requesting passenger details from you, copies of Passports, etc.
- Once you have accepted the preliminary quote, itinerary and details of your trip we will start booking the specific components.
During the booking process:
- Reconfirmation and processing of payments for the selected vacation components.
- Reviewing transfers, pre and post touring/hotel options.
- Reviewing included or optional flight programs that match the vacation.
- Quoting travel insurance options that best fit the traveler’s protection of investment/medical needs.
- Reviewing the confirmations of all vendors to check for errors in the details or services needed/expected.
- Providing clear documentation of the travel purchases and what is included (or not included).
- Reserve home to airport transportation for travelers.
- Reserve or provide information for luggage allowances, luggage delivery, packing & sightseeing tips.
Management of the vacation until departure:
- Setting reminders and alerts to make sure financial payments are made on time.
- Being the ‘contact person’ if and when changes occur with the destination, product, or service.
- Being the assistant if and when changes occur with the travelers' needs.
- Provide advice and tips on enriching our clients vacation experience.
- Review & apply new offers/benefits that may be applicable to our clients current reservations.
- Provide access and tools to handle current passport/visa requirements for the destination.
- Review all final documents for accuracy and clarity
- Review all final documents with our clients via phone or in person for clarity of how the travel should unfold
Post travel services
- Our travel professionals will reach out to our clients soon after travel to make sure the trip went as planned, to gather any insights and photos the travelers would like to share to help our team assist other future travelers and to provide advocacy if something did occur that needs to be followed up with a vendor on behalf of our client.
For a typical cruise, resort stay, or guided tour anywhere in the world for two people, our professional service would be about the price of a nice dinner for two. Good quality professional advice and service takes time. We do not cut use cost-cutting methods or work exclusively with particular suppliers to earn added bonus or commission that might diminish your vacation experience. Our clients are ‘our clients’.
We look forward to working with you and your family or travel companions to plan your next adventure!